Foreigners residing outside the Turkey are subject to apply for work permit from the representative offices of Turkey in their own countries. Pursuance to work permit application of foreigner, within 10 working days the employer should process both online and direct applications to the Ministry of Labor and Social Security in Turkey. Once the approval from the Ministry is granted, foreigners are required to apply for work visa to the Turkish representative office within 90 days. Upon their arrival to Turkey with work visa, foreigners are required to apply for Work Registered Residence Permit to the Alien’s Branch of the Local Police Department within 30 days. Work permit will only takes effect in the existence of valid residence permit.
DOCUMENTS NECESSARY FOR WORK VISA APPLICATION FROM FOREIGNER
- Passport (original)
- Work visa application Form
- Employment Contract (also other additional company documents including job offer)
- One Photo
*Under the discretion of the foreign representatives of Turkey or in accordance with bilateral agreements, some other supporting documents might be demanded for work visa applications.
DOCUMENTS NECESSARY FOR WORK PERMIT APPLICATIONS IN TURKEY
- Reference Number given by consulate during the visa application
- One Photo (Needed in Online application process)
- Application Form for Foreigner (Needed in Online application process)
- Employment Contract (signed by foreigner and employer)
- Passport Copy (Translated to Turkish) (Originals are not necessary)
- Diploma Copy (Translated to Turkish) (Originals are not necessary)
- If applicable a letter of recommendation copy (Translated to Turkish)(Originals are not necessary)
WORK VISA APPLICATION PROCESS
In abroad applications, there is two-step application model. Work permits are obtaining through the Turkish Consulates as work visas. Pursuance to the applicant’s application to the Turkish consulate for work visa, within ten working days, the employer should apply for work permit to the Turkish Ministry of Labor and Social Security. The application procedure is as below;
You may interested : 7 Things to Know Who Will Apply For Work Permit in Turkey
As per new rules on residence permits, valid working permissions will be used as residence permits. Thus work permit validity requirement of residence permit application within 30 days upon obtaining the work permit (for consulate applications 30 days was starting upon arrival of work permit holders) will be outlawed. On the other hand the same as work permits, “Work Permit Exemption Certificates” will also be used as residence permits.