Turkish Citizenship

What is “Family Togetherness” Condition for Turkish Citizenship?


As it’s known, Turkish citizenship is obtained by birth or later in two ways. Turkish citizenship can obtain with different ways like marriage, investment, adoption, etc. . It should be known that marrying a Turkish citizen does not directly grant Turkish citizenship to the foreigner. Being married for at least 3 years and maintaining family unity is the basic condition for acquiring Turkish citizenship. In addition, the conditions not to engage in an activity incompatible with the union of marriage and not to be in a situation that would constitute an obstacle in terms of national security and public order are also the criteria sought for Turkish citizenship by marriage. The concept of family unity appears as the basic condition of marriage and is the most important element for the foreigner to acquire Turkish citizenship. Accordingly, it will not be possible to acquire Turkish citizenship in fake, invalid or cheating marriages made outside of the real purpose of marriage, since family unity could not be achieved. In addition, foreigners who acquire Turkish citizenship by marriage can retain their Turkish citizenship if they have good intentions in marriage, in case it is decided to nullify the marriage.

If you have questions about the requirement of family unity in Turkish Citizenship, you can send them to us in the comments section.


Expat Guide Turkey is a news website that shares important events in Turkey and news concerning foreigners in Turkey. It also contains a guide to undiscovered places, city and district about Turkey.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Related Articles

Back to top button
bodrum escort - eskişehir escort - escort eskişehir - mersin escort - escort mersin - mersin yeni escort - mersin vip escort - adana escort - mersin sınırsız escort - mersin olgun escort - mersin anal escort - escort adana - mersin sarışın escort

Ad Blocker Detected

Please close adblocker from your browser to read our articles.