What is E-Devlet in Turkey for Foreigners? How to Use?
With the development of information technologies, states have kept up with the trend of innovation by moving some services for their citizens to the electronic environment. The e-devlet system, which enables Turkish citizens to access the services offered by government institutions in a fast and reliable manner, was established by the Republic of Turkey and has become an electronic system that facilitates access to information for all citizens. Foreigners living in Turkey by obtaining Turkish citizenship or temporarily staying in Turkey to work can also benefit from this service by obtaining an e-government password.
What are the Conditions for Foreigners to Benefit from E-Devlet Services?
In order for foreigners to benefit from e-devlet services in the Republic of Turkey, they must first have a valid residence address. Foreigners can log in to the e-devlet internet portal via www.turkiye.gov.tr with the password they will get from PTT branches by reporting some documents and information. English language option is also available for foreigners who do not speak Turkish. In addition, foreigners who have previously opened an account in any bank can perform their banking transactions via e-devlet without going to PTT branches.
Temporary Protection Identity Document, valid residence document with Passport or T.R. It is possible to obtain a password, provided that they present a valid (not expired) Work Permit Card issued to foreigners by the Ministry of Labor and Social Security.
Foreigners who request an e-devlet password with a “Blue Card” can obtain their “e-Devlet Gateway” password, along with the presentation of their photo identity card, passport or driver’s license issued by the state authorities of their own country, along with this card.
In addition, foreigners can obtain their e-devlet passwords by applying personally from the relevant embassies or consulates.
E-devlet Service for Foreigners Who Want to Get a Residence or Work Permit
Foreigners who decide to live in Turkey must obtain a residence or work permit in order to stay in the country after the 90-day visa period. Before moving to Turkey, foreigners must apply for a work permit with the documents requested from the Turkish consulates in their countries. After the first application, an online application should be made to the Ministry of Labor and Social Security via the e-devlet portal (www.turkiye.gov.tr) within 10 days. Residence permit applications can also be made through the e-residence system of the General Directorate of Migration Management. Following the online application, foreigners must submit the required documents to their local Directorate General of Migration Management.
Services that Foreigners Can Benefit From E-devlet
The services provided to the citizens of the Republic of Turkey, Blue Card holders and foreigners who have a residence permit (or valid work permit) and foreigner identification number can be generally grouped as follows:
- Information services
- Integrated electronic services
- Payment transactions
- Shortcuts to institutions and organizations
- In addition, the sharing of information and documents between public institutions is provided by the services offered by e-Government.
- Social security and health care,
- Monitoring of working hours,
- Querying the criminal record record and creating a Judicial Record Document,
- Inquiry of Court Case,
- Applications of motor vehicle registration, vehicle tax, tax and incentives,
- Penalty Inquiry Written On The Vehicle Plate,
- Driver’s License and Criminal Inquiry Written to Persons,
- OGS (Automatic Pass System) Pass Information Inquiry,
- Fast Pass System (HGS) Account Information Inquiry,
- List of mobile phones under your name,
- IMEI Registration for mobile phones sold abroad,
- Tax debt, debt
- Information about agricultural land,
- Application to the Turkish Employment Agency,
- Registration and student tracking at universities,
- Making a BIMER Application,
- TCIP Police Interrogation,
- Deed Information Inquiry,
- Address Change Notifications,
- Citizenship proceedings.
All documents created and downloaded on the e-devlet portal have the required certificate with an e-signature displayed in barcode format and are valid in all official transactions.