Things to be Considered by Those Who Want to Run Foreign Nationals
According to the regulations governing foreigners’ work permits of foreign nationals in Turkey people have the freedom to work in a company or business. foreigners wishing to work in Turkey must obtain a work permit in this country. In addition, it is imperative that workplaces wishing to employ foreign nationals obtain legal permission. Let’s look at some of the important situations that foreigners need to pay attention to:
1. You must run 5 pieces of Turkish Personnel for the Foreign Personnel
If you want to employ foreign personnel in your company then you have to employ at least 5 Turkish personnel in the company at the same time. In other words, if you want to employ 3 foreigners in your company, your company should have at least 15 Turkish employees. On the other hand, in the case of high technology, this rule does not apply to a foreign employee if there is not a Turkish employee with the equipment and experience to do the job.
2. The Share of Capital in the Partnership Should be at Least 20%
If you want to work with a foreign partner in your company, it is obligatory for the foreigner to have at least 20% of the capital share, not less than 40.000 TL.
3. The Company Must be Above a Certain Level
The paid-up capital of a company that wants to employ foreign personnel should be at least 100.00 TL. Alternatively, annual gross sales should be 800,000 TL, or exports within the last 1 year should be at least 250,000 USD.
4. Lower Limit Exists
There are lower limits on salaries to be paid to foreign staff. For example; the minimum wage for the pilots should be at least 6.5 times, the minimum wage for the teachers at least 3 times, and the minimum wage for those who will work at home services.
5. You must deliver your papers in full
Workplaces that wish to employ foreign nationals on their behalf must submit the following documents to the Ministry of Labor and Social Security in full.
• Request for work permit application
• Balance sheet and profit / loss statement approved by the tax office or sworn fiscal advisor of the last year
• The organization’s most recent capital and shareholding structure showing the original Trade Registry Gazette “Offical Newspaper of Turkey is Resmi Gazete” of Turkey or organization approved by example.
• For the private education institutions that will employ foreign nationals teachers, the “Permission to Open the Institution and Start Teaching” obtained from the Ministry of National Education and the “License to Open a Workplace and Work Permit” obtained from the Ministry of National Education or from the municipality where it is affiliated.
• Documents showing the status of activities taken from the relevant authorities for associations and foundations and health care providers.
• A notarized copy of the business and investment document from the Ministry of Culture and Tourism for certified tourism organizations.
• Documents stating that institutions (including consortia) that have gained the right to make projects that have been awarded internationally by public institutions and organizations are charged with the work of the relevant institutions and institutions.
• An example of a wage bill and contract with a foreigner to prove that a Turkish engineer / architect / city planner is employed in the same profession for companies that will employ foreign experts within the scope of engineering, architecture, contracting and consultancy services.
Foreigners Which Not Required to Receive Work Permit
In some cases it is not necessary for some strangers to get a work permit to work in your company or organization. The following foreigners can work at your workplace without a work permit. In this case, there is no official action required.
• Turkey is a party to bilateral or multilateral agreements are exempted from the work permit.
• Turkey is a party which will be implemented by bilateral or multilateral agreements or pursuant to a consortium of national, international projects to work in international organizations or foreigners.
• Turkey Football Federation or the Youth and Sports General Directorate of demands by other athletes and coaches with eligible foreign players.
• permanent residence abroad; scientific, cultural and foreigners coming to Turkey for less than a month in order to temporarily artistic activities.
• foreign officials that could prove to be a maximum of 6 months in fairs and shows in circuses and other places in Turkey may work without a work permit in Turkey.
• Foreign students who will do internship in private or public institutions and organizations, on the basis of reciprocity, provided that they are limited to internship periods within the framework of student exchange programs.