It is an 18th century Turkish house located on Macar Sokak. Also known as the Hungarian House. Lajos Kossuth (1802-1894), one of the leaders of the Hungarian freedom war, was hosted in this house with his family between 1850-1851 and wrote the Hungarian Constitution in this house. The two-storey and 7-room wooden house in its garden was restored by the Ministry of Culture and Tourism and opened as a museum in memory of Lajos Kossuth on September 19, 1982.
The items belonging to Lajos Kossuth and ethnographic works belonging to the classical Turkish house are exhibited in the museum. In addition, L.Kossuth has prepared a grammar that includes Bulgarian and Shumen dialect. This house, which is in a garden and has no windows to the street, has seven rooms and two floors. It is one of the examples of Kütahya civil architecture and its first floor is the selamlık section. There is a dining room, a bedroom and a children’s room and a study.
The rooms have in-house cabinets, walk-in closets, fireplace, carved sherbet, shelves and ottomans. There are items related to Hungarians in the museum. There are photocopies of the Turkish grammar book written by L. Kossuth, as well as musical instruments, tobacco cutters and plates. Also XVIII. A 19th-century piano, Hungarian porcelain dinnerware, and old photographs of Budapest are on display.
Lajos Kossuth, the leader of the Hungarian independence movement, who took refuge in the Ottoman Empire in 1849, and 56 refugees with her were hosted in Kutahya between 1850-1851.