As you know, various precautions and restrictions are applied all over the world against the Covid-19 pandemic, which has affected the whole world. Turkey continues challenge with its successful health system and diligent citizens during this entire Covid-19 process. In the last period of 2020, the introduction of various vaccines and quarantine practices ensured that the virus was controlled to a certain extent. In addition, the number of cases was reduced to low levels with the lockdown in May 2021 and the gradual normalization implemented immediately afterwards. As of July 1, 2021, as part of full normalization, intercity travel restrictions were lifted, cafes and restaurants were again operating at full capacity, and the lockdown between 22.00 and 05.00 was also removed. In addition, the lockdown applied on Sundays has been completely removed.
Changes on July 1
Ministry of Interior declared all the details of this process in the circular regarding the third part of the gradual normalization, which started on July 1, when the restrictions on issues will end. During the meeting, in which the recommendations of the Ministry of Health and the Coronavirus Scientific Committee were discussed in the Presidential Cabinet, chaired by President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan on June 21, it was announced that the third phase of gradual normalization was passed. Accordingly, as of July 1;
- The lockdown applied on weekday evenings and Sundays has been removed.
- Intercity travel ban has been removed.
- The working restrictions of all businesses have been removed.
- Cinema halls and sports centers reopened.
- All eating and drinking places, especially cafes and restaurants, were opened and all restrictions were removed.
- Restrictions applied in venues such as park, garden, camping area, recreation area, etc. were removed.
- Permission was granted for indoor places in wedding and wedding halls, provided that there is 6 square meters of space per person.
- Events such as concerts, festivals and youth camps are allowed, provided that a minimum of 4 square meters of space is left in open areas and 6 square meters in closed areas, and the rules and principles specified in the Epidemic Management and Working Guide and the principles of cleaning, mask and distance are followed.
- The normal working process in public institutions has been restored.
- Public transport restrictions for people over 65 and under 18 have been removed.
- Music broadcasts (including those performed live), which currently ends at 22:00 in accommodation facilities and at 21:00 in other places, will be made from 1 July until 24:00, until a new decision is taken.
- In entertainment and events to be held in the open or closed areas of accommodation facilities, it will be ensured that the other procedures and principles in the Epidemic Management and Working Guide according to the field of activity, as well as the physical distance rule, will be complied with. All kinds of measures will be taken by the operators in order to prevent concentration in the areas (restaurants, clubs, etc.) within the accommodation facilities and to implement the physical distance rules.
Which Restrictions Continue in Turkey?
In addition to the removal of the restrictions applied in social life within the scope of normalization, some applications continue according to the new regulations. We can summarize them as follows;
- Cleaning, mask and distance rules continue to be applied.
- Due to the serious risk of the spread of the virus, the activities of workplaces with a hookah lounge/cafe will continue to be suspended until a new decision is taken, and no hookah service will be provided in any workplace, including accommodation facilities.
- It will not be possible to broadcast music after 12 pm., including live music broadcasts.
Precautions in Border Gates
We can summarize the measures that are closely related to foreigners entering and leaving Turkey as follows;
- Mandatory quarantine application applied to people coming to Turkey from Bangladesh, Brazil, South Africa, India, Nepal and Sri Lanka is removed, and the submission of a negative PCR test report made maximum 72 hours before entering Turkey will be deemed sufficient.
- The duration of the compulsory quarantine application for people who came to Turkey from Afghanistan and Pakistan and those who have been reported to have been in these countries in the last 14 days will be reduced to 10 days, and if the PCR test applied on the 7th day of the quarantine is negative, the mandatory quarantine application will be removed. If the PCR test is positive, the Ministry of Health will act in accordance with the COVID19 guide.
- In this way, people who enter Turkey and are subject to mandatory quarantine can be quarantined in dormitories determined by the Governorships, as well as in accommodation facilities serving as quarantine hotels. Quarantine hotels, accommodation fees, transfers of these people from the border gates, etc. The procedures and principles regarding the issues will be determined and announced by the Governorships.
We conveyed the details about the normalization process, which started to be implemented on July 1, in our article. If you have any questions, you can let us know in the comments section.