In recent years, as developing the field of education and training as an important harbor that Turkey is home to students from many countries emerges. University education system to be developed and contain a combination of several distinct advantages for foreign students in the field of education means that Turkey will make more students to host.
Like each developed countries, Turkey has also legal regulations which provide free circulation in the country and involve determined periods about residence, working, studying conditions for foreigners. The “foreign student residence permit” which will continue during the student termination will end with the end of the student and new procedures will be step in for the persons. How can graduate graduates who have completed their studies get a residence permit ?
How to get Residence Permit in Turkey?
Foreigners who have completed the right of student and graduated; work and residence permits are subject to the provisions of other types of residence permits. Graduated foreign students can apply for fullfilled residence permit within 10 days from ending date of residence.
How to make Residence Permit Application in Turkey ?
- Applications for residence permit are carried out over the internet by the e-residence system via goc.gov.tr.
- All information required in the E-residence system is filled completely and the appointment date is taken after this process.
- The documents mentioned in the system should be completed by the appointment date at the time of application and must be in the address indicated at the appointment time.
- In case of delaying appointment time, the appointment is canceled and an appointment must be made for a new date on the internet.
What are the conditions of Residence Permit for Foreigners in Turkey ?
After completing the university education for foreigner students, the residence permits are given two different kinds like short and long term residence permit in Turkey.
Short Term Residence Permit
Short-term residence permits; a foreigner can apply for residence permit in case of establishing commercial contacts, founding a business and having a real estate in Turkey. Short-term residence permits cover a maximum of two years. The Provincial Directorate of Immigration is the authorized foundation for short-term residence permits.
Long Term Residence Permit
In order to get a long term residence permit, foreigners must reside in Turkey for 8 years uniterruptedly. Following the applications made from the e-residence section of the Provincial Directorate of Migration Administration website, the required documents are prepared and personally contacted to the Immigration Administration.
What are the Required Documents for Having Residence Permit in Turkey ?
- Residence permit application form; can be obtained from the official website of The Provincial Directorate of Immigration
- Original and photocopies of documents used in place of passports or passports
- 4 portrait photographs; it should be in close proximity and be in line with the dress code..
- Documents showing how the material means that individuals will make a living during their residence in Turkey and have to be declared.
- Original or certified copies of title deed or rental contract documents showing that the property belongs to the applicant.
- Valid health insurance covering all medical expenses of foreigner in Turkey
New Regulation for Having Residence Permit in Turkey
According to new regulations published in the Official Gazette on January 12, 2017 foreigners wishing to obtain a residence permit in Turkey must fulfill the following requirements.
- Persons determined by the Ministry of Economy, who have invested at least 2,000,000 USD in fixed capital
- Persons with at least 1,000,000 USD of premises determined by the Ministry of Environment and Urban Planning
- Persons who have been identified by the Ministry of Labor and Social Security and have at least 100 employers
- Persons who have been identified by Banking Regulation and Supervision Agency, promise keeping at least 3,000,000 USD in banks operating for 3 years in Turkey, They may switch to Turkish citizenship by the proposal of the Ministry or by the decision of the Council of Ministers.