WHEN IS ASURE (ASHURE) DAY?
The Day of Ashura, which coincides with the tenth day of Muharram, falls on Monday, August 8, 2022 this year.
For a little while, the researches for the recipe for ashura gained momentum. In addition, the month of Muharram and the fast of Ashura are among those questioned.
WHAT IS ASHURE?
It has been seen by Muslim Turks in the month of Muharram, and especially from the tenth day of this month, by cooking a dessert called “ashura”.
Ashura is an expression of sharing, solidarity, togetherness and love, a symbol of abundance and fertility. This metaphorical meaning of Ashura is more important than ever for our society today. Our nation, with the tradition it has maintained for centuries; With the awareness of continuing the beauties that have always existed in the essence of our culture, such as “differences contribute to the common taste in harmony”, “unity”, it continues to boil different flavors in the same cauldron, make aşure vaccine, and share the conversation while tasting the symbol of living together.
WHEN TO FAST IN MUHARRAM?
Ashura (asure) is the tenth day of Muharram according to the lunar calendar. The fast that is recommended to be kept on this day is called the “Ashura fast”. It is mustahab to fast during the month of Muharram. One can fast at the beginning, end or middle of this month, that is, on the 13th, 14th, 15th or 9th, 10th or 10th and 11th days of the month.
IMPORTANT EVENTS OCCURRED IN MUHARRAM
- Hz. Accepting Adam’s repentance after his sin,
- Hz. Ascension of Idris alive to the sky,
- Hz. Noah’s ark escaped the flood,
- Hz. Abraham did not burn in the fire,
- Hz. Jacob’s reunion with his son Joseph,
- Hz. Healing of Job’s illnesses,
- Hz. Moses crossing the Red Sea and saving the Israelites from Pharaoh,
- Hz. Jonah coming out of the belly of the fish,
- Hz. The birth of Jesus and his resurrection from death