It’s been 12 days since the Sunday, February 6 earthquake in Kahramanmaraş with magnitudes of 7.7 and 7.6 centered in Pazarcık and Elbistan. After the earthquake that caused loss of life and great damage in 11 provinces, the number of dead and injured are shared with the public. Here are those who are curious about the loss of life, the number of injured and the damage situation in the region in the Kahramanmaraş earthquake…
Two devastating earthquakes of 7.7 and 7.6 in Kahramanmaraş are being followed up on the latest situation. 12 days have passed since the earthquake that caused great destruction in Kahramanmaraş, Hatay, Adıyaman, Diyarbakır, Adana, Osmaniye, Gaziantep, Şanlıurfa, Malatya and Kilis. While search-rescue and debris removal works continue in 11 provinces, the number of dead and injured in the Kahramanmaraş earthquake is announced by AFAD. Here is the current earthquake loss of life and number of injured on Friday, February 18th.
The Number of Dead and Injured is Increasing in the Earthquake Region!
The number of injured and casualties is increasing in the earthquake of 7.7 and 7.6 magnitudes in Kahramanmaraş. Number of dead and injured in Kahramanmaraş earthquake; AFAD is being updated after the statements of Vice President Fuat Oktay and President Erdoğan.
How Many People Did, How Many People Were Injured in the Earthquake? the Balance Sheet is Heavy!
Interior Minister Süleyman Soylu announced that we have lost 39 thousand 672 citizens so far in Kahramanmaraş-centered earthquakes that caused great destruction in 11 provinces of Turkey.
How Many Injured In The 17 February Earthquake?
According to the statement made by AFAD at 11.15 on 16 February, the number of injured citizens in 11 provinces affected by the earthquake increased to 108 thousand 68.
17 February Number of Buildings Destroyed:
According to the statement made on the 5th day of the earthquake on the official website of AFAD, Murat Kurum, Minister of Environment, Urbanization and Climate Change, said, “It has been determined that 12 thousand 141 buildings and 66 thousand 58 independent sections throughout Turkey have been destroyed or are in severe condition. damaged’.
- Following this statement: Vice President Fuat Oktay said in a recent statement, ‘We will complete the damage assessment work within a week.’ aforementioned.
- Interior Minister Süleyman Soylu said in his latest statement, ‘One of every two houses in Antakya is being demolished’. aforementioned. In his speech, Minister Soylu said, ‘All the evidence processes are continuing, the debris cannot be removed without these.’ also made statements.
According to the latest statement made by the Minister of Environment, Urbanization and Climate Change Murat Kurum on Thursday, February 16, 481 thousand 865 buildings have been examined so far. As a result of the examinations, it was determined that 61 thousand 722 buildings in the disaster area were heavily damaged and destroyed, and there was an urgent need for demolition.
Number of Dead and Injured After Earthquake by Provinces
*The data in the table is according to the statement made by Vice President Fuat Oktay on Tuesday, February 7, 2023.
*The table will be updated