What is Deportation? What are the Most Common Reasons for Deportation of Foreigners in Turkey?
Briefly, the word “deportation” is defined as a deportation and entry ban to Turkey issued to a foreigner for various reasons. Foreigners who are in the borders of the Republic of Turkey can be deported for different reasons such as visa violations, illegal activities, working without a work permit, etc.. Among the most common reasons for deportation are residence permit and visa violations, illegal work and moral crimes. Deportation decision in Turkey is made by the Ministry of Interior. In this article, we will briefly mention about the most common reasons for the deportation of foreigners.
The Most Common Reasons for Deportation of Foreigners
First of all, you should consider that foreigners can only be deported when the situations and issues occured within the scope of laws. Briefly, we can list the reasons why foreigners are deported as follows:
- Illegal (without a work permit) work,
- Not leaving Turkey despite the expiry of the visa,
- Failure to extend the residence permit despite the expiration of the residence permit,
- Fake marriage,
- Engaging in unethical behavior within the borders of the country,
- Committing crimes within the borders of the country, being a member of terrorist organizations,
- Entering Turkey using illegal or fake documents,
- Threatening public health or engaging in acts that disrupt public order,
- Despite the ban on entry to Turkey, people who are found to have entered the country are deported.
Deportation Decision and Invitation to Leave Turkey
If foreigners with a finalized deportation decision are to be deported not due to certain crimes but due to relatively simple violations (not extending residence permit, etc.), these people are given a 15-day invitation to leave. The period for invitation to leave can be extended up to a maximum of 30 days. However, this period does not apply to foreigners who are suspected of escaping, who enter or leave illegally, or who may endanger public order. Appreciation in this regard is found in law enforcement. If there are important doubts that the foreigner will leave the country within the specified period, these foreigners would sent to the Repatriation Center.
If you have questions about the deportation of foreigners, you can contact us in the comments section below.