Especially as it has become one of the countries that foreigners frequently visit for tourism and investment purposes, Turkey has had to make various legal arrangements about foreigners in the recent period. Our team is frequently asked questions about visa violations, which is one of the most common situations, and deportation decisions based on various reasons. As a general rule, when a deportation decision is made on foreigners who have not been involved in any crime, these foreigners must pay the fine in cash when leaving the country. Foreigners who do not pay this fine are subject to a ban on entry to Turkey from 3 months to 5 years. Despite this penalty, those who have obtained a valid visa can legally return to Turkey without having to wait for the expiry of their prohibition period. In addition, if foreigners who violate a visa for up to 3 months (not including 3 months) exit spontaneously and pay the administrative fine before being detected by the competent authorities, no entry ban decision is made against them. In addition, if foreigners who violate a visa for more than 3 months pay the administrative fines within the period given to them, they are not faced with an entry ban to Turkey.https://www.youtube.com/embed/4kOoyPf61_w
What is Annotated Visa and Who Can Apply?
Visas that include expressions such as treatment, family reunification, education, work, official duty, tourism in the purpose section of the visa labels are called legitimate visas. Annotated visa allows foreigners who are banned from entering Turkey to enter the country legally. If foreigners want to come to Turkey, they can apply for a valid visa to the Turkish consulates or embassies in their own country, provided that the reasons for their arrival are taken into account. However, in order to obtain a valid visa, it is mandatory to present a valid and documentable reason. Only in this way can a special purpose valid visa be obtained. For example, if you want to enter Turkey with a work permit, a work permit application must be made by your employer. The documents required for the application are in the form of an application form, a notary sworn translation of the foreigner’s passport, a biometric photograph and official documents documenting the valid visa reason (for example, a work permit application).
Removal of Deport with an Annotated Visa
Foreigners who violate a visa or residence permit during their stay in Turkey are also subject to a deportation decision and a fine. While those who leave by paying this fine are not banned from entering Turkey, foreigners who do not pay this fine are banned from entering the country for 3 months to 5 years. However, foreigners who present a valid and documentable reason after exiting can legally re-enter Turkey by obtaining a valid visa. In addition, foreigners are required to pay the fines incurred due to the violation upon entry into the country. While some deportation penalties can be lifted with a valid visa, some deportation penalties can only be lifted by a court decision. In addition, it should be noted that a legally regulated work permit application, etc. If the document does not represent a realistic situation, or more accurately, if the document was taken for false purposes, it is very likely that legal action will be taken against the foreigner.
What are the Documents Required for Application?
1- Documents Required for Work Visa
by the foreigner;
- Employment Contract (signed by foreigner and employer),
- Passport Copy (Translated by a sworn translator),
- Diploma Copy (Translated by a sworn translator),
- Reference letter, if applicable (translated by a sworn translator),
- Copy of Valid Residence Permit for at least 6 months,
- The original of the current work permit (for a work permit extension application),
By the employer;
- The balance sheet and profit and loss statement of the institution for the previous year,
- Turkish Trade Registry Gazette containing the current capital and shareholding structure of the organization,
- Operating certificate,
- Document that the company has no unpaid tax debts (can be requested in the application for a work permit extension)
2- Documents Required for Family Reunification Visa
- The validity period of the passport of a foreign national who will apply for a visa must be at least 6 months.
- Application form fully filled and signed by the visa applicant
- 4 biometric photos taken within the last 6 months
- Marriage certificate/ Family document (required from spouses)
3- Documents Required for Education Visa (Student Residence Permit)
- Residence Permit Application Form
- Original and photocopy of passport or substitute document
- Four (4) photos
- Statement that he/she has sufficient and regular financial means during his/her stay
- Student certificate
- If the person is under the age of 18; A letter of consent to be given by his mother/father or legal representative abroad, and a letter of undertaking to be given by real or legal persons in Turkey, provided that this is stated in the consent letter.
- Valid health insurance
If you have questions about the annotated visa application, you can send them to us in the comments section.