There are two different alternatives for foreign nationals to benefit from health services in Turkey. One of them is general health insurance provided by the state, and the other is private insurance.
The Foreign Nationals Private Health Insurance policy covers the minimum coverage structure determined in the Circular on Private Health Insurances to be issued for Residence Permit Requests dated 06.06.2014 and numbered 9.
You can use this page to get a price quote about private health insurance: https://atakurumsal.com/en/private-health-insurance/
In this article, we will provide information about “private health insurance” for foreign nationals.
Health Insurance for Foreign Nationals
Private health insurance is required to obtain a residence permit in Turkey. Private insurances are provided by various insurance agencies operating in the country.
Each agency may have its own specific conditions, but here we will examine the services offered by a private insurance agency as an example for you. These services may vary slightly depending on the agencies.
What Services Are Provided by Private Insurance Agencies?
First of all, it should be noted that private insurance agencies work with a monthly subscription payment system. The individual can benefit from the health services provided by the private insurance in return for the dues paid.
Private health insurances cover both inpatient treatment and outpatient examination coverage. People can be treated in all health institutions with which the insurance company has a contract, either without paying a treatment fee or by paying a very low amount.
In health institutions that do not have an agreement with the insurance company, the insurance pays a certain amount on behalf of the customer.
To find out which hospitals are covered by your insurance https://hoospital.com/
Inpatient Treatment Coverage
Inpatient treatment is a type of treatment that requires the patient to stay in the hospital for a certain period of time to be treated. Inpatient treatment services included in the scope of private insurance generally include the following elements:
- Hospital services (surgery, operating room, anesthesia, medicine, laboratory, radiology, etc.)
- Room, bed, meal and companion expenses within the scope of the hospital stay
- Cornea, kidney, pancreas, liver, heart, lung transplantation
- ESWL, Gamma Knife expenses
- Diagnostic biochemistry, microbiology, pathology examinations, radiological examination and imaging performed during inpatient treatment
- Post-operative physical therapy
- Cardiovascular angiography
- Home medical care services that assist the insured’s daily life activities and provide social support
- Chemotherapy, radiotherapy, dialysis
- Medical treatments for less than 24 hours such as food poisoning, plaster application, simple burn treatments (observation, observation)
- Artificial limb expenses in case of limb loss as a result of an accident or illness
- Treatments in intensive care units
- Treatments related to teeth and nose caused by traffic accident
As mentioned before, these services may vary according to insurance agents. Before purchasing your insurance service, be sure to get information from your insurance representative about what the offered insurance service covers and what it does not cover.
You may interested : Positive Features Separing Turkish Health Services from Other Countries
Outpatient treatment, on the other hand, is a short-term treatment that does not require the patient to stay in the hospital. Outpatient services covered by private insurance include:
- Doctor examination fees
- Diagnostic examination expenses
- Medication expenses
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation expenses
Which Situations Are Not Covered by Private Health Insurance?
Situations other than illness and injury, which are covered by private health insurance, are not covered by private insurance.
- War, revolution, uprising, internal disturbances,
- Committing a crime and attempting to commit a crime,
- Except for self-defense, the insured’s actions that will knowingly expose himself to a serious danger,
- Diseases and injuries resulting from suicide attempts,
- Situations such as drug use are not covered by private insurance.
How to Get Private Health Insurance?
Insurance companies operating in Turkey have agencies in almost every city. These companies; They may specialize in topics such as home insurance, travel insurance, vehicle insurance, earthquake insurance and health insurance.
For this reason, you can obtain the necessary information from the websites of insurance companies that offer this insurance, and you can get private health insurance by visiting insurance agencies in person.
You may interested : Private Health Insurance