Apple has released the new iOS update that mainly focuses on bug fixes. Details are here!
Apple has released iOS 16.4, the fourth major update to the iOS 16 operating system. The update includes 21 new emoji characters, Safari web notifications, Sound isolation, Apple Books page-turning animation, Podcast updates, and a host of tweaks. Also, the update includes features like HomeKit architecture and VoiceOver support in the weather app.
iOS16.4 was released two months after iOS 16.3, an update that adds Security Keys for Apple ID. The update fixes a major issue where 21 new emoji characters including animals, gestures and objects, notifications for web apps added to the home screen, Duplicate album support in Photos, and Purchase Allow requests from kids were not appearing on parents’ device.
The details of the update, which is based on fixes in general, are as follows:
iOS 16.4 Update Details
- 21 new emojis featuring animals, gestures and objects
- Notifications for web apps added to home screen
- Sound Isolation for cellular calls
- Duplicate album support in Photos
- VoiceOver support for maps in Weather app
- Accessibility setting that automatically dims video when strobe lights or blinking lights are detected
- Traffic Accident Detection improvements on iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Pro models
- Fix an issue where Children’s Permission to Buy requests were not appearing on parents’ device
- Fix an issue that caused Matter-compatible thermostats to become unresponsive when paired with Apple Home
To install iOS16.4, you can check if your phone is getting the iOS16.4 update by going to Settings > General > Software Update.