Healing Like Mother Soup : Noodle Soup – Discover Turkish Food
The noodle soup will conquer your heart. Let it be like a mother’s soup, warm us, heal us, be such a soup that we do not ask what is in the main meal. Here all your wishes came true and met in one bowl, here is the noodle soup.
Noodle soup, another modest delicacy of our rich cuisine, is also known as ‘cutting soup’ in some regions. If you want to make soup, you can also prepare homemade noodle and double its taste. Green lentil is a panacea, noodle flavor combines with the healing chicken broth and the wonderful smell of tarragon. You should cook and eat with pleasure.
Materials of Noodle Soup;
- 1 small bowl of green lentils
- 1.5 small bowls of noodles
- 3 glasses of water
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 onion
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste
- 2 spoonful butter
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 1 teaspoon tarragon
Preparation of Noodle Soup;
- Boil the green lentils in a saucepan with the addition of water for about 10 minutes until soft.
- After boiling, drain immediately and rinse with cold water. Let them wait around.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and add the olive oil to it. When the oil is hot, add the grated onion and fry until the onions turn pink.
- Add tomato paste and continue frying.
- Then add the hot water, chicken stock, boiled lentils and noodles. Stir for a while so that the noodles do not stick.
- Add tarragon and cook over medium heat for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the noodle soup thickens.
- Add the salt that is close to cooking, bring it to a boil once more and serve it hot. Enjoy your meal!
If you add salt to the soup close to cooking, you will both shorten the cooking time and increase its flavor. We recommend that you consume noodle soup, which is very rich in minerals, when you are sick.
As Expat Guide Turkey, we will publish fast, practical and delicious Turkish recipes to our visitors in the Food & Beverage category. Stay tuned.
You may interested : Winter Meatballs from Gaziantep : Suzek – Discover Turkish Food