A woman in the US died after drinking water in 20 minutes

A woman in the US died of water poisoning 20 minutes after drinking 2 liters of water.

In the United States, a 35-year-old woman died after drinking nearly two liters of water in 20 minutes. Doctors reported that Ashley Summers died of water poisoning.

Ashley Summers was on vacation with her family over the weekend.
After touring Freeman Lake in Indiana with her husband and two young daughters, Summers felt very dehydrated

“Someone said Ashley drank four bottles of water in 20 minutes,” her brother Devon Miller told WRTV, according to the New York Post.

It was stated that she drank 2 liters, the amount an average person should drink during a day, in 20 minutes.

drinking water

On the last day of their vacation, Summers began to feel dizzy and headache.

After returning home, he was found unconscious in his garage and although he was taken to hospital, he never regained consciousness.

He had swelling in his brain and according to his doctors, he died of water intoxication, WRTV reported.

Water toxicity is a condition caused by drinking excessive amounts of water and can be fatal in extreme cases.

However, when Summers died, he saved five lives by donating his heart, liver, lungs, kidneys and some of his long bone tissue.

A similar incident was recently reported from Canada, where a woman was hospitalized after drinking four liters of water for 12 days as part of the “75 Hard” social media challenge, which involved regularly drinking about four liters of water for 75 days.

Scientists: “The Water You Drink is 4.5 Billion Years Old”

Meryem Lara Sarıusta

Hi, I'm Meryem. I am a writer for Expat Guide Turkey and I strive to create the best content for you. To contact me, you can send an e-mail to Happy reading!

Related Articles

Back to top button

Ad Blocker Detected

We earn income from advertisements in order to provide you with a better service. Please turn off your ad blocker and refresh the page to access the content.