A Police Officer Was Martyred In Istanbul As A Result Of Gunfire

A police team was attacked in Büyükçekmece, Istanbul. Cihat Ermiş, who was seriously wounded in the attack with a gunshot opened from inside the apartment, could not be saved in the hospital where he was taken and martyred. It was learned that the 20-year-old attacker who martyred Ermiş had 32 criminal records. Istanbul Police Chief Zafer Aktaş announced that 9 people were detained in connection with the incident.

In Büyükçekmece, a police team was attacked at the address they went to on a tip-off.

The incident occurred around 02.30 at night in Muratçeşme Neighborhood.

The police received a report that 2 people on motorcycles were shooting in the air on the street. When the teams evaluating the report went to the address in question, they could not find the motorcyclists.

While the teams were searching in the neighborhood, another call came to the police.

The caller said that bullets hit the walls of his house and asked the police for help.

Upon this, the teams investigating at the scene went to the apartment where the report was made. They rang the doorbell of the apartment with bullet marks on the walls but the door was not opened.

The teams called the number that made the report, but no one answered the number either.

Shots Fired While Trying To Enter

The teams then opened the apartment door and tried to enter, but at that moment shots were fired towards the teams from inside.

The bullet fired from the gun of Muhammet Emre Çorak hit police officer Cihat Ermiş in the chest.

Ermiş was seriously wounded and taken to Mimarsinan State Hospital. Despite all interventions, Ermiş could not be saved and became a martyr.

Attacker Says He Had Enemies In His First Statement

Çorak, who was taken into custody after the incident, said in his first statement that he had enemies and that he thought he was attacked when bullets hit his house and shot at the people who opened the door.

Attacker Has 32 Criminal Records

The interrogation of Muhammet Berke Çorak, who was captured after martyring police officer Ermiş, continues at the Homicide Bureau.

According to the police records, Çorak, who has a record of 39 visits to the police, was identified as a victim in 7 incidents and a suspect in 32 incidents.

It was determined that the 20-year-old attacker, who committed his first crime by stealing in 2017 when he was only 14 years old, was later detained 8 times for intentional injury, 12 times for drug possession, 5 times for possession of firearms, 1 time for negligent injury, 3 times for theft, 1 time for motorcycle theft, 1 time for threats and 1 time for extortion.

It is learned that the suspect has a total of 32 criminal records.

A ceremony was held for Ermiş at Istanbul Police Headquarters Vatan Campus.

The ceremony was attended by Nilüfer Ermiş, the wife of the martyred police officer, and his family, as well as Istanbul Governor Davut Gül, Provincial Police Chief Zafer Aktaş and his colleagues.

Speaking at the ceremony, Aktaş shared the information that 9 people were detained in connection with the incident.

Mücahid Ahlatçı

Hi, I'm Mucahid. I am a writer for Expat Guide Turkey and I strive to create the best content for you. To contact me, you can send an e-mail to Happy reading!

Related Articles

Back to top button

Ad Blocker Detected

We earn income from advertisements in order to provide you with a better service. Please turn off your ad blocker and refresh the page to access the content.