Turkey Personal Data Protection Authority (KVKK) announced that there was a data breach in Mobile Legends, a free mobile game of 5v5 MOBA type. The data of thousands of users was leaked.
Turkey Personal Data Protection Authority (KVKK) announced that a data leak occurred in the Mobile Legends: Bang Bang game played by thousands of players in Turkey. Many personal data of users, including IP information, were leaked.
According to the statement made by KVKK, the data of 3,375 users were seized by hackers between September 12 and September 15. The data captured includes email, user ID, gender, score, registration date, last visit time, registered IP, and last visited IP. The data is up for sale on a website. It is stated that they can get information about the data breach from the e-mail address email@example.com.
With the increase in value of digital data, many companies are experiencing data breaches. KVKK has so far issued data breach notifications about websites and mobile applications. Now there has been a data breach in the game. The Mobile Legends game can be downloaded for free from the App Store and Play Store. It is one of the most downloaded games of its kind.
In summary, in the data breach notification sent to KVKK by Shangai Moonton Technology Co Ltd;
- A data breach occurred due to the sharing of data belonging to users who are members of the discussion forum site related to the game called Mobile Legends operated by the data controller, on a website,
- The data breach started on 12.09.2022, ended on 15.09.2022 and was detected on 03.11.2022,
- 3.375 users and forum site members were affected by the data breach,
- Identity, communication (email), transaction security and other (user ID, username, domain visits, gender, domain used, points, reputation, assets, contribution points, registration date, last visit time, IP used during registration) from data breach , last visit IP and last activity time) data are affected,
- The relevant persons can get information about the data breach from the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org.
- statements were included.