President Erdoğan appoints new police chiefs in 52 provinces
With the signature of President Erdoğan, new police chiefs were appointed in 52 provinces, while 24 names were withdrawn to the centre. While Ankara Police Chief Servet Yılmaz was also dismissed, it was noteworthy that the names of former Interior Minister Süleyman Soylu, who was appointed during his tenure and formed his close team, were replaced one by one. It was claimed that Minister of Interior Ali Yerlikaya wanted to work with names close to him.
With the signature of President Erdoğan, new police chiefs were appointed in 52 provinces, while 24 names were withdrawn to the centre. While Ankara Police Chief Servet Yılmaz was also dismissed, it was pointed out that the names who were brought to the post during the time of former Interior Minister Süleyman Soylu and who formed his close team were replaced one by one. It was claimed that Minister of Interior Ali Yerlikaya wanted to work with names close to him.
ANKARA POLICE CHIEF ALSO DISMISSED
According to the decree published in the Official Gazette with the signature of President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan, Servet Yılmaz was dismissed from his post as Ankara Security Directorate and Engin Dinç was appointed in his place. Head of Intelligence Department Sabit Akın Zaimoğlu was appointed as Bursa Security Directorate and Head of Anti-Terror Department Hasan Yiğit was appointed as Balıkesir Security Directorate.
Those who were dismissed and transferred to the centre:
- Afyonkarahisar Police Chief Ali Temiz,
- Ağrı Police Chief Nihat Özen,
- Ankara Police Chief Servet Yilmaz,
- Balıkesir Police Chief Hasan Onar,
- Bartın Police Chief Şakir Engin Korkmaz,
- Bayburt Police Chief Ayhan Bodur,
- Bolu Police Chief Sadettin Aksoy,
- Bursa Police Chief Tacettin Aslan,
- Çorum Police Chief Mehmet Gülser,
- Denizli Police Chief Kenan Yildiz,
- Edirne Police Chief Mustafa Alçalar,
- Erzurum Police Chief Levent Tuncer,
- Gumushane Police Chief Celal Tasci,
- Isparta Police Chief Ahmet Metin Turanlı,
- Izmir Police Chief Mehmet Şahne,
- Karaman Police Chief Ayhan Taş,
- Kırıkkale Police Chief Fahri Bulut,
- Kırklareli Police Chief Seçkin Çengeloğlu,
- Muğla Police Chief Süleyman Suvat Dilberoğlu,
- Muş Police Chief Engin Kaloğlu,
- Chief of the Army Police, Doğu Ateş,
- Şanlıurfa Police Chief Mehmet Murat Ulucan,
- Tunceli Police Chief Tolga Yılmaz
- Uşak Police Chief Mesut Gezer.