Mawlid Kandili 2023: What is done on Mawlid Kandili? What are the worships and prayers (2023 Diyanet Mawlid Kandili)
Mevlid Kandili will be realized today as the night of the birth of the Prophet Muhammad, the prophet of the Islamic religion, and at the same time the twelfth night of the Hijri month of rebiulevvel. Muslims who want to spend this blessed day to the fullest are curious about which worships will be performed and which prayers will be recited on Mawlid Kandili. Well, what is done on Mawlid Kandili? What are the prayers and prayers? Here is the meaning and importance of Mawlid Kandili according to Diyanet.
Mevlid Kandili prayers and worships are among the issues questioned and wondered by the entire Islamic world. Mevlid Kandil, which is realized on the 12th night of the 12th night of the month of Rabi al-Awwal, which has a great importance for the Islamic world, is accepted as the birthday of Hazrat Muhammad in the Islamic community. Well, what are the worships and prayers performed on Mawlid Kandil? What is done on Mawlid Kandil?
WHAT DOES MAWLID MEAN?
Mevlid is the name given in Islamic literature to the celebration ceremonies held on the birthday of Muhammad and the literary texts in verse form written and composed to be read in these ceremonies. Mevlid is also an independent literary genre in Islamic literature.
Derived from the Arabic word “velâdet”, which means “to be born”, “birth time” or “birthplace”, “mawlid” has become a common name given to works in this genre over time.
WHAT TO DO ON MAWLID QANDIL?
According to the hadiths of Mawlid Qandil, the recommended things to do on this day are as follows;
“The Prophet said that he would fast on the day I was born, and since the Prophet fasted, it is mustahabb to fast in gratitude to Allah Almighty.
The Messenger of Allah was asked about the virtue of fasting on Monday. He said: “That is the day on which I was born and became a prophet (or on which the revelation came to me).” (Muslim, Siyam 197, 198)
Based on this hadith, it is stated that it is good to fast on the day Muhammad was born
The appearance of the Prophet (SAW) to the world is considered a festival, a day of joy. For this reason, it is permissible not to fast on Eid, and it is also permissible not to fast on Mawlid Kandil. For this reason, they do charity and good deeds. They make the poor and needy happy with the joy of being the ummah of our Prophet. They read the Qur’ân al-kerîm and have conversations. If he spends this day in such a joyful way, this is also very good.
In other words, it is mustahabb to keep it, and it is mustahabb not to keep it.
- BRINGING SALAWAT
Allah Ta’ala has commanded to bring salawat to the Prophet. One of the most important acts of worship on this night, the night of the Prophet’s birth, is to offer salawat to him. It is also reported in the hadiths that all the troubles of those who bring salawat will be removed.
- PRAYING ACCIDENT AND NAFL PRAYERS
The Prophet said: “Prayer is the light of my eyes” (Nesai, Ahmad bin Hanbal). Friends of the truth have emphasized the importance of praying on these nights and recommended that those who owe prayers should perform the obligatory prayers. It has been reported that those who do not have accident prayers can perform nafil prayers.
HOW TO RECITE THE MAWLID CANDLELIGHT PRAYER?
Blessed nights such as Mevlid Kandil are times of prayer and supplication to our Lord. Here is the Mevlid Kandil prayer;
Euzu Billahi Mineşşeytanirracim Bismillahirrahmanirrahim
Allahumma Salli ala Sayyidina Muhammadin wa ala Sayyidina Muhammadin wa ala Sayyidina Muhammadin wa ala Sayyidina Muhammad (O Allah, send greetings and peace to our Prophet Muhammad (PBUH), his family, his children and his loved ones) O refuge of the unfortunate, O source of strength for the weak, O physician of the afflicted, O guide for the stranded, O remedy for the helpless and O sultan of the throne of greatness who answers every prayer! Forgive us, O Lord, for the sake of this Mevlid Kandili Night we are in!
Alhamdulillahi Rabbil Alemin…
O Almighty Allah, who created all creatures out of nothing, who opens the door of forgiveness to His servants regardless of our mistakes and faults, who is the helper of the weak, who forgives sins, the sole owner of the worlds!
You have created us in the most beautiful form and we are in Your countless blessings. The greatest of these blessings is Islam, faith and the Qur’an. Do not separate us from this blessing forever, O Lord!
Praise be to You, O Lord, You are merciful to all creatures and especially gracious to the believers. We, the believers, have come before You, we turn to You, we open our hands, we beg You, accept our prayers and do not turn us away from Your presence empty, O Lord!
You are the only owner of the Day of Judgment. Treat us there with Your grace, mercy, eternal bliss and paradise, O Lord!
We serve You alone and seek help only from You. Grant us abundant help from your treasury of divine mercy and keep us on the good and enlightened path of worship and obedience, O Lord!
Grant us to continue in faith and guidance, to follow the path of the owners of piety and to spend this short worldly life with chastity, honor and dignity, O Lord!”
MAWID KANDIL PRAYERS
- We should offer salât and greetings to our Prophet (saw), hope for his intercession and renew our consciousness of being one of his ummah. We should wholeheartedly say, “Peace be upon you, O Messenger of Allah”. Or we should say Allahumma salli ala seyyidina Muhammadin wa ala ali seyyidina Muhammad.
- Fast as much as possible during the daytime of these nights.
- Recite the Holy Qur’an; listen to those who recite it; organize Qur’anic feasts in appropriate places; renew and strengthen the feelings of love, respect and devotion to the Holy Qur’an. Reading or listening to the Holy Qur’an. This is the most important act of worship on such a blessed night: Reading and listening to the Holy Qur’an and reflecting on its meaning. Because the Holy Qur’an is the last message of Allah Almighty to humanity. Humanity will be happy if it is well understood and practiced.
- Recite plenty of dhikr, evrad ü ezkar (verses, salawat, prayers at certain times).
- Sincere repentance and sincere repentance should be made for sins; repentance and repentance should be made by taking this night as the last opportunity. We should say at least one rosary “Estağfirullah”. Like other blessed times, the Mawlid night is a time to question our days of heedlessness by returning to our essence, to repent and ask for forgiveness for the mistakes we commit forgetfully and unknowingly, and to renew ourselves and our will.
- Accidental and supererogatory prayers should be performed; if there are any prayers that have been recorded for that night, they can also be performed separately; the night of the Qandil should be fulfilled with the consciousness of worship and ihsan in worship. If possible, we should take care to perform our time prayers in mosques. Not only should we enjoy the rewards of the mosque and the congregation, but we should also unite with our fellow Muslim brothers and sisters and congratulate them on the Qandil.
- We should engage in contemplation; we should think deeply about life issues, especially “Who am I, where did I come from, where am I going, what is Allah’s will for me?”.