Herpes can be a sign of an infection in the body, which almost everyone encounters at least once in their life. Herpes, which is quite painful and bothers the person, becomes inflamed unless treated. Herpes, which usually appear as blisters on the lips, pass spontaneously within a week. Herpes virus is transmitted by contact. Herpes is usually seen on the lips, nose and chin area. Herpes can be passed quickly with some herbal methods that can be done at home.
What Causes Herpes?
One of the most important causes of herpes is the herpes virus. If the herpes wound is dry and crusted, it is not contagious, but if the herpes sore begins to flow as a liquid when it progresses, then it means that herpes has become contagious.
The virus that causes cold sores is spread through skin contact. At the same time, oral sex during sexual intercourse is among the factors that can cause herpes to spread in the mouth. The herpes virus that spreads into the mouth can also cause serious problems and cause hard-to-heal herpes.
Factors such as hormonal changes (during menstruation), fever, fatigue, emotional stress, skin trauma, and excessive sun exposure can reactivate the virus that causes cold sores.
What are the Symptoms of Herpes?
Warning signs that appear just before a herpes outbreak include:
- Itching of the lip or the skin around it,
- Burning, pain,
Before the bubbles appear, the following complaints can be seen:
- Throat ache
- Muscle pains
- Swelling in neck lymph nodes
- Pain while swallowing
Fluid-filled blisters or redness due to herpes; may appear on the lips, gums, mouth, or throat. The bubbles appear suddenly in clusters. These blisters soon burst and turn into open sores. The wound appears as small, shallow, gray ulcers on a red base. After a few days it starts to crust over and looks drier and yellower. Oral wounds are painful and the pain is most severe at the beginning. Eating and drinking becomes difficult due to pain.
- Wounds can occur on the lips, gums, front of the tongue, cheeks, throat and roof of the mouth.
- Gums may be slightly swollen and red, and bleeding may occur.
- Neck lymph nodes may become swollen and painful.
- The herpes virus can cause shallow ulcers and a grayish coating on the throat and tonsils in young people in their 20s.
The factors that trigger the symptoms can be listed as follows:
- Menstrual periods or hormonal changes
- Overexposure to the sun
- Fever due to elevated body temperature
- Irritation and dryness of the lips
Nail polish remover
In addition to removing nail polish, acetone is said to have a therapeutic effect on herpes.
- Soak cotton in acetone.
- You can only apply acetone on the wound without touching your skin.
- Repeat this remedy 2 times a day until it heals.
Hand Sanitizer Gels
Hand sanitizers are excellent disinfectants to help fight and kill the virus that causes cold sores. It also dries up and helps heal wounds quickly.
The cotton rolling same a ball. Pour some of the hand cleansing gel onto the cotton. Apply directly on the affected area to prevent the spread of the virus and promote rapid healing. Do this at least twice a day until your pain is completely healed.
Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil has extraordinary antiseptic, antifungal, and antibiotic properties, helping to heal herpes in a short time.
- Pour a small amount of tea tree oil on a cotton swab.
- Apply directly on the affected area for fast healing.
- Let the oil evaporate naturally. Do this twice a day until your wound condition heals completely.
Peppermint oil contains incredible antiviral ingredients that fight both HSV-1 and HSV-2 (pain-causing viruses), thus helping herpes heal quickly.
- First, rinse the cold sore and its surroundings with lukewarm water.
- Pour some peppermint oil on the cotton swab.
- Apply directly to the affected herpes area.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar (ACV) is one of the oldest and most effective remedies for herpes. Its antibacterial, antiseptic and healing properties help kill the virus that causes sores, and it also helps to balance your skin’s pH level in drying herpes.
Wet your cotton with vinegar. Apple cider vinegar helps to destroy the virus. Apply directly on the affected area and hold for 15 minutes for instant relief. Direct application of vinegar may cause skin rash, but don’t worry. This will pass soon.
For better results, you can mix a small amount of lemon juice in vinegar and apply the mixture on herpes.
Garlic contains kiol, a compound with antiviral properties that helps reduce the swelling that occurs in cold sores and also helps speed up the wound healing process.
- Crush 1 clove of garlic.
- Apply the crushed garlic directly to the herpes area.
- Garlic accelerates the healing process as well as reducing the swelling in herpes. You can wash it after waiting 5 or 10 minutes.
In How Many Days does Herpes Go Away? Is Herpes Cream any Good?
Herpes sores usually heal on their own for up to 1 week, burst and the crust may fall off after a while. However, in that process, it seriously affects the life standards of the person. For this reason, you may consider treating herpes instead of waiting for it to go away on its own.
How to Prevent Herpes Formation?
Herpes simplex virus, which causes cold sores, cannot be completely cured after infecting the body. In order to prevent the formation of herpes, it is necessary to stay away from the things that can cause this disease. Therefore, it is necessary to stay away from the use of common goods, to be protected in sexual relations, and to avoid contact with strangers. In cases that we can count as herpes symptoms, the formation can be prevented by using antiviral herpes cream. Also, consuming foods that help fight herpes and contain lysine can prevent herpes formation.