Health Services Specific to Foreigners and their Details
Two alternatives present to make use of health services in Turkey for foreign persons may be mentioned. One of these is general health insurance ensured by state, other, private insurance.
Private Health Insurance for Foreigners encompasses the minimum coverage structure which is identified on Private Health Insurance to be taken out for Residence Permit Claims no. 9 and dated 06.06.2014.
In this letter, we will give information on private health insurance” for foreign persons.
(you can find the basic information to make use of general health insurance in our letter titled “Thing to be done to benefit from Health Services in Turkey by Foreigners”) By making an entry in this way, you can describe hyperlink.
Health Insurance for Foreigners
In order to have residence permit in Turkey, private health insurance is required. Private insurance are provided by various insurance agencies which operates in country.
Each agency has unique conditions but here in order for being an example for you, we will analyse services that a private insurance agency offers. Depending on agencies, these services may subject to small alterations.
Which Services are Provided by Private Insurance Agencies ?
At first, it should be stated private insurance agencies works based on monthly contribution payment system. Person can utilize health services supplied by private insurance against the contribution it pays.
Both outpatient and inpatient treatment coverage are under guarantee scope of private health insurance. Persons may be treated by all health institutions by which insurance company is contracted without paying treatment fee or against very low amount. For the health institutions that have no agreement with insurance company, some amount of insurance is met on behalf of customer again.
You can consult to your agency official to find out which hospitals are under your insurance.
Inpatient Treatment Coverages
Inpatient treatment is type of treatment that patient should stay in hospital for certain time so as to be treated. Inpatient treatment services within the scope of private insurance coverage contain the following factors:
- Hospital services (surgery, operating room, anaesthesia, medicine, laboratory, radiology, etc.)
- Costs of room, bed, food and companion within the scope of the time stayed in hospital
- Transportation of cornea, kidney, pancreas, liver, heart, lung
- Expenditures of ESWL, Gama Knife
- Biochemistry, microbiology, pathology examinations, radiologic examination and scanning performed during inpatient treatment
- Post operation physical therapy
- Cardiovascular angiography
- Medical care services carried out at house with the aim of providing social support and complementary to daily life activities of insured
- Chemotherapy, radiotherapy, dialysis
- Short term medical treatments such as food poisoning, application to set the broken bone, simple burn treatments lasting fewer than 24 hours (observation, medial hold)
- Costs of artificial organs in case of loss of any organ as a result of an accident or disease
- Treatments in intensive care units
- Treatments related to nose and tooth following a traffic accident.
As stated before, these services may change depending on insurance agencies. Before purchasing your insurance service, never ignore to be informed what insurance service offered to you covers or do not cover.
Ambulatory Care Facilities
Ambulatory treatment is also a short term treatment type that necessitates staying of patient in hospital. Ambulatory treatment services under private insurance involve the following factors:
- Examination fees of physician
- Expenses of examination with diagnosis purpose
- Medicine expenses
- Expenditures of physical therapy and rehabilitation
Which situations are not under Private Health Insurance?
The cases except for the ones relevant to disease and wounding under coverage of private health insurance lie outside the scope of coverage of private health insurance. Cases like
- War, revolution, riot, internal disturbance
- To commit crime and criminal attempt
- To display actions to subject him/her to a grave danger intentionally by insured excluding self-defence,
- Diseases and injuries taken place in consequence of suicide attempt,
- Drug use, etc. are excluded from private insurance coverage.
How is Private Health Insurance taken out ?
The insurance companies which operate in Turkey have agencies in nearly each city. These companies may be specialized on the matters such as property house, travel insurance, vehicle insurance, earthquake insurance and health insurance, etc.
Therefore, you can obtain necessary information from websites of the insurance companies which offer private health insurance and take out private health policy.