On March 2, 2022, Turkish Minister of Health Fahrettin Koca made some statements. Announcing that he would give surprise news before, Fahrettin Koca mentioned that regulations that have a great impact on returning to normal life will be introduced in the Coronavirus (COVID-19) epidemic.
Saying that Turkey has managed to get rid of the high number of cases, Health Minister Fahrettin Koca emphasized that the fight will be given with vaccines from now on. The implementation of the HES code was terminated as the good news that the restrictions will be gradually lifted and the liberalization works have been started.
The details in Koca’s statement were listed as follows;
- We no longer have to use masks outdoors.
- If the ventilation is sufficient in closed environments and the distance rule can be observed, we do not have to wear masks.
- We continue to use masks in closed areas where the distance is not maintained, airplanes, buses, theaters, cinemas, health institutions and schools.
- In the new period, the HES code application has been removed. No institution or organization will ask for a HES code at the entrance.
- The test will not be requested from people who do not have symptoms of the disease.
- In case of 2 cases in schools, the class will not be closed. It will be sufficient to isolate the student who is positive. Education will continue.
Minister Koca continued as follows:
The Struggle Will Be Given With Vaccine!
“Finally, as you expect, we will talk about freedoms rather than restrictions. I would like to emphasize that the epidemic affects social life much less in Turkey at the moment. Some restrictions have also been lifted in our country. We have made changes in many practices such as quarantine and isolation. At this point, we should all know about Covid-19. The fight will be given with a vaccine from now on. However, there is also a developed drug. We have started to distribute the drug to people over the age of 65 and those with suppressed immunity. Thankfully, we are on the verge of returning to normal. As a society, we have passed from the period of struggle with the epidemic to the stage of individual protection. I think the principle is about masks The point is, we do not remove it from our lives, we carry the mask with us by wearing it when necessary. The mask should be an indispensable part of our daily life.”
Music Ban Will Be Lifted
(Music ban after 00:00 brought on the grounds of the pandemic) The Ministry of Interior will work. There is no decision of the Board regarding the ban on music. I think it will take off in the near future.
Fourth Reminder Dose
(Opening the 4th dose in the vaccine) Currently, there is no Scientific Committee decision regarding the fourth dose. But if a fourth dose is required, it may be considered for risky and immunocompromised individuals. (Has the isolation process changed?) The isolation of patients with Covid ends after the 7th day if there are no symptoms. We do not apply the quarantine to those who are in contact if they are vaccinated.