Horror in the AVM! Child’s Foot Stuck on Escalator 3 Fingers Cut Off
Three fingers of a 7-year-old boy who got stuck on the escalator in a shopping mall in Sisli, where they went as a family, were severed. The child was taken to the hospital for surgery. An investigation was launched for the crime of negligent injury related to the incident.
The incident took place at the shopping center in Sisli, Istanbul at around 13.00 yesterday.
The Philippine family went to a shopping mall in Şişli with their 7-year-old child, A.M.L. Allegedly, their 7-year-old child A.M.L’s right foot got stuck in the mechanism while they were using the escalator on the subway floor of the shopping mall. A.M.L.’s 3 toes of his right foot were severed and his foot was removed from the jammed place.
REMOVED THE LADDER
The child was immediately taken to the Baltalimanı Bone Hospital. The three toes on his broken right foot were found by removing the ladder. When the fingers, which were taken to the nearest hospital, could not be sewn back into place, the family was referred to a private hospital.
The child was taken to the hospital for surgery. While the child’s treatment continues, an investigation has been launched for the crime of negligent injury. Escalators were closed after the incident. The letter “Temporarily out of service due to a technical malfunction. Thank you for your understanding” was posted in the area where the incident occurred by the shopping center.
There was no statement from the mall about the incident.