Expat Guide Turkey - Question & Answer

You can ask questions about Turkish Citizenship, Residence Permit, Work Permit to us

Rosie 4 weeks önce gönderdi

hello! I’m a architecture student in Istanbul. I really forgot to renew my ikamat and overstayed here for 3 months. I would like to know if i have to leave the country and come back or if i could paid the fine and continue staying without leaving the country. And i’m from Myanmar, i would like to know how much is the fine for this country. Thank you in advance.

Residence Permit


  • Expat Guide Turkey
    April 7, 2021 - 12:58 pm

    You should leave Turkey and obtain student visa in order to reapply for residence permit. Otherwise you will continue staying in Turkey illegally, what may cause the entry ban in the future. Amount of fine for overstaying is 50 USD for first month and 10 USD for every remaining month. Please, be informed that final decision on the amount of fine will be taken by customs at the airport and it can differ from official amounts.

    Kind Regards,

Write a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *