Urla Quarantine Island, also known as Hospital Island, actually carries 5000 years of traces of human history. Karantina Island, which is home to a wide variety of cultures and civilizations, is the only island with the best climate in the Gulf of Izmir, surrounded by sea on 4 sides, with the most beautiful climate that was afforested in the Republic period. The island, which is connected to the mainland by a stone fill road of approximately 600 meters, has an area of 320 acres. Quarantine Island was a pilot area that was chosen to combat infectious diseases that were common in the whole world during the Ottoman period, and a small quarantine house suitable for this purpose was built on it, later called a large quarantine building. Some of them are preserved in a state close to the original Grand Traphonesi. In those years, buildings consisting of 14 separate blocks were built in various parts of the island in order to accommodate and serve the staff who worked here. The hospital started to serve under the name of the Marine and Solar Therapy Institute on 1 November 1955, taking advantage of the infrastructure that remained idle for many years after the infectious diseases ceased to be a danger with the advancing Medical Science. In those years, the patient and service buildings operated in different places, in a scattered manner. After the construction of the block under the roof of the hospital and called the old building, it started to operate in 1960 with the identity of the Bone and Joint Diseases Hospital. From 1960 to 1986, it operated as a Single Branch Hospital. The bed capacity has been increased with the construction of the new building. It has been serving as the Urla Public Hospital since 1986. It continues to serve by moving to the new hospital building on October 10, 2014.