The hospital started its activities in 1952 under the name of SSK Sultanahmet Hospital External and Nisaiye Service. Since 1959, it has been operating as an independent unit under the name of Bakırköy Maternity and Dispensary Chief Physician with a capacity of 66 beds. The bed capacity of the hospital was increased to 200 on April 26, 1967 and to 400 (300 births and 100 babies) on 13 October 1967. Assistant training in Gynecology and Obstetrics branch started in the 1970s. The old building was evacuated and demolished, and the additional facility, which is fully completed today and serving, was first opened in 1975. While the construction of the additional building for the polyclinic services continues, the Polyclinic Services continued its activities in another building under the name of “Bakırköy Dispensary” and as a separate Chief Physician. Bakırköy Dispensary has been moved to the newly built hospital polyclinic building since July 01, 1982. The number of beds in our hospital; Since January 28, 1986, it was approved by the Ministry of Health and Social Aid to increase it to 800 staff beds. The name of the hospital was changed by the Social Insurance Institution Board of Directors to the Social Insurance Institution Bakırköy Maternity Hospital and Children’s Hospital Chief Medical Officer. It was opened on June 21, 1986, with its additional facilities, by the then Prime Minister, Mr. Turgut ÖZAL. Our hospital has continued to serve with a total of 800 beds, 464 of which are female maternity beds and 336 child beds. The hospital moved to a new 648-bed building built by TOKI in Halkalı on 2 May 2011.