After the foundation of the Republic in the district, a Greek house was rented by the Special Administration in 1924 and started to serve under the name of Health Dispensary. In 1930, the dispenser was taken over by the Municipality and transformed into a 10-bed Municipal Hospital. In 1950, the Municipal Hospital was transferred to the Ministry of Health as a 20-bed health center. The Health Center, which is near the current Municipality building, was destroyed in the 1957 earthquake and had to serve in barracks for a while. In 1965, the 30-bed State Hospital was put into service opposite the present-day Central Mosque. The hospital has served Fethiye and its surroundings for 35 years with the additions and modernization made to the building over time. Fethiye Public Hospital, which was moved to its modern building in 2003, serves our people in accordance with the requirements of modern medicine with a capacity of 223 beds. Also, it is possible to find the services of chemotherapy, general ıntensıve care, coronary ıntensıve care, newborn ıntensıve care, dıalysıs, baby frıendly hospıtal, pallıatıve care unıt, healthcare at home, getat applıcatıons, cbrn purıfıcatıon unıt, general dırectorate of publıc hospıtals specıal health servıces.
The mission of the hospital is to be a preferred institution in health services with an understanding of effective, efficient, high quality, smiling faces in accordance with international standards within the framework of employee and patient safety.
The hospital aims to be a reliable, high-quality, efficient, leader, and respected healthcare institution at home and abroad by following the highest level of practices reached by medicine in the international arena.